The Teamcenter® Integration for Autodesk® Inventor® (also known as TCAI) is developed by MechWorks (part of ITI from 2018) and sold by Siemens Digital Industries Software.
TCAI provides a bridge between Autodesk® Inventor® as the design system and Teamcenter® as the system of record. TCAI improves efficiency while enabling users to focus on product development. In addition, users are able to manage data with Teamcenter® with minimal effort, referring to clients only for virtual paperwork such as sign-offs and ECO processing.
By using Teamcenter® as a CAD-neutral format, downstream users are given direct access to data when appropriate without interrupting the CAD users. And since TCAI follows all rules established in Teamcenter®, groups such as Manufacturing, Procurement and Production can seamlessly consume Inventor® data downstream without disrupting corporate Teamcenter® practices.
Watch more on:
- Create – create and save document to Teamcenter® directly from the CAD GUI
- Revise – Create new items and new revisions in Teamcenter® directly from the CAD GUI
- Bulk Loader – tool to support the upload of archives made of unmanaged files from the file system to Teamcenter®
- Clone Wizard – tool to support easy creation of new revisions and new items in Teamcenter for a given and managed document hierarchy
- Check in and Check out – Full control of status from you CAD system
- Home Browser – Easy navigation of Teamcenter items from your CAD system
- Files Status Browser – it gives a representation of the document structure in terms of Teamcenter® datasets
- Metadata synchronization – functionality to move information from the CAD system to Teamcenter® and vice-versa
- X-Ref & OLE support – support for hierarchy of documents
- Smart data search – support to search the Teamcenter® database from the CAD GUI
- Active Workspace integration – Easy re-use of Teamcenter® functionalities through embedded Active Workspace
- CAD neutral file support – neutral files (like JT, PDF, 3D PDF, IGES, SAT, etc…) can be easily generated and kept aligned to CAD documents
- Dispatcher support – it allows off line generation of neutral files
- Open from Teamcenter® – open your CAD documents directly from the Teamcenter® GUI
- Bidirectional BOM synchronization – Teamcenter® BVR are created from Inventor® BOM and Inventor® BOM can optionally be kept aligned to possible changes done in the BVR
Contact for Support and Sales
The Teamcenter® Integration for Autodesk® Inventor® is sold and supported by Siemens Digital Industries Software.
You’re kindly requested to contact your preferred Siemens Digital Industries Software partner for any information you may need.